Depending on the required sensitivity protein gels are Coomassie®, silver or fluorescence stained after electrophoresis.
SERVA offers for every application the optimal solution:
Coomassie® G 250 staining
in only 15 minutes
sensitivity comparable to silver staining, MS compatible
SERVA Silver Staining Kit for SDS PAGE (cat. no. 35076) and native PAGE (cat. no. 35077)
– fast, highly sensitive silver staining for routine applications, MS compatible
SERVA HPE™ Silver Staining Kit (cat. no. 43395) and CSF Silver Staining Kit
(cat. no. 43398)
– highly sensitive silver staining for proteomic applications respectively for CSF diagnostic, MS compatible
SERVA HPE™ Lightning Red (cat. no. 43300) and SERVA Lightning Red for 1D SDS PAGE (cat. no. 43401)
– rapid 1-step labelling of proteins prior to 1D or 2D PAGE, no need for staining or washing steps, MS and Western Blot compatible
SERVA ProteinStain Fluo-Y (cat. no. 35092)
– fast, sensitive fluorescence staining od 1D or 2D SDS protein gels, no destaining necessary, MS and Western Blot compatible
SERVA Purple (cat. no. 43386)
– highly sensitive, easy, non-toxic fluorescence staining for proteomic applications DIGE, MS and Western Blot compatible
SERVA Lightning SciDye Set (cat. no. 43407) developed for minimal labelling of proteins for detection 2D Fluorescence Difference Gel Electrophoresis (DIGE).
Protein bound dyes interfere with some applications like immunization or functional assays. In such cases it is recommended to use a reversible staining. SERVASnow Staining Kit (cat. no. 35080), which bases on a complete reversible zinc staining, was developed for these applications.