SERVA PRiME Lightning Red
- Pack Sizes
- Certificates of Analysis
- PDF Documents
- Additional Information
- Related Products
- Product Links
SERVA Lightning Red is a fluorescent dye for rapid labelling of proteins prior
to SDS PAGE and/or Western Blotting, making any staining and washing steps
after electrophoresis unnecessary. Normalization in Western Blots by using the
total protein signal on the membrane as loading control can be easily done
with the pre-labelled samples. In addition, the dye is fully compatible with
mass spectrometry and other downstream methods.
The labelling procedure is simple and quick: 2 - 5 min for qualitative and 30 min for quantitative analysis.
For separation of the labelled proteins a wide range of gel formats including precast gels in plastic cassettes like SERVAGel PRiME Vertical Mini Gels and film-backed gels can be used.
The labelling works with complex and purified samples in a protein concentration range between 1 µg/ml up to 20 mg/ml - no need for protein concentration measurement or purification and concentration steps before or after labelling.
After the run, detection of labelled proteins is performed by fluorescent
imager (camera or scanner) at an excitation wavelength of about 530 nm and
emission filter of 610 nm with a narrow band width of 30 nm.
Depending on the used protocol sufficient for 250 - 1250 lanes - no matter what size of gel (mini, wide or large format) you use.
- Simple and fast pre-labelling of proteins for SDS PAGE and Western Blotting
- No need for protein concentration measurement, purification or concentration steps before or after labelling
- No staining and washing steps after the run
- Broad protein concentration range
- Very high sensitivity, very low background
- Wide dynamic and linear range
- Compatible with all common gel electrophoresis buffer systems and mass spectrometry
Storage Temperature: +2 °C to +8 °C